|Brain Dead Person: Preface + TOC & Chapters 1, 2, 5 & 7|
|Source: Website; Whole-chapter extracts from printed book (translated from the Japanese).|
|Paper - Abstract|
|Paper Statistics||Books / Papers Citing this Paper||Notes Citing this Paper||Colour-Conventions||Disclaimer|
The author has translated and made available on-line 4 of the 7 Chapters of this book.
1. What Doctors May not Know
2. What does Brain Death5 Mean to a Family?
3. The "Person" Whose Brain Has Stopped Functioning
4. The Condition of a "Brain Dead Person"
5. Is "Personhood" Limited to Those Who are "Alive?"
6. The Relationship Between a Brain Dead Person and the People Around Him or Her
1. Intensive Monitoring and Visiting Limitations in the ICU
2. The Integration of Compartmentalized Medical Treatment
3. The System of Supervision and Efficient Treatment
4. The Problem of a Brain Dead Person Occupying a Bed
5. Funding Treatment and Providing Insurance for Brain Dead People
6. What is the Best Way to Treat and Nurse a Brain Dead Person?
7. Medical Treatment that Centers around Care of the Sphere of Person to Person Relationships
8. Caring for Brain Dead People
9. Moving the Bed outside the ICU
10. From Life Saving Medicine to Medicine Centered around Nursing
11. Implementing Attendance as a Form of Medical Treatment
1. The Death of a Person is not Limited to Only the Medical and Legal Aspects
2. My Death, the Death of a Person Familiar to Me, and the Death of a Person Unfamiliar to Me
3. The Meaning of Death to a Person Directly Concerned with that Death
1. “Medical Treatment as Repair”
2. The Pursuit of Efficiency
3. The Ideology of a Society That Distributes Goods
4. Respecting Irreplaceability
5. The Antinomy of “Efficiency” and “Irreplaceability”
6. The Logic of “Onlookers” and the Logic of Those Directly Involved
Footnote 3: Contrast this emotivist account with the hard-headed realism of (eg) "Chiong (Winston) - Brain Death without Definitions".
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
|© Theo Todman, June 2007 - Jan 2019.||Please address any comments on this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.||File output: |
Website Maintenance Dashboard
|Return to Top of this Page||Return to Theo Todman's Philosophy Page||Return to Theo Todman's Home Page|