- This pseudo-Paper is intended as the mechanism to record time spent on the Note 'Psychological View1' during my Thesis research, as from 2011.
- For the actual time recorded, click on "Paper Statistics" above.
Write-up2 (as at 27/01/2022 09:41:46): Psychological View
- Thesis Text:
- As my focus is on Animalism4 and the arguments for and against5 it, I do not want to get bogged down in the rival theory, except insofar as it impinges on Animalism.
- Hence, a reading list needs to be highly selective. I can’t really afford to spend too much time reading and commenting on material in favour of the PV, so items in the reading lists will tend either to be explicitly critical, or just raise the PV as a contrast to the view presented.
- For a Page of Links6 to this Note, Click here. The list was manageable and has been fully taken into account.
- Works on this topic that I’ve actually read7, include the following:-
- "Clark (Andy) & Kuhn (Robert Lawrence) - Aeon: Video - Andy Clark - Virtual immortality", 2019, External Link
- "Bourget (David) & Chalmers (David) - The PhilPapers Surveys: What Do Philosophers Believe?", 2014, Annotations, Internal PDF Link
- "Dainton (Barry) - Self: Philosophy In Transit: Prologue", 2014
- "Duncan (Matt) - I Think, Therefore I Persist", 2015, Annotations, External Link, Internal PDF Link
- "Ehring (Douglas) - Personal Identity and Time Travel", 1987, Annotations, Internal PDF Link
- "Hershenov (David) - Review of Nancey Murphy's 'Bodies and Souls, or Spirited Bodies?'", 2007, Annotations, External Link, Internal PDF Link, Note: Tangentially, in footnote(s).
- "Johnston (Mark) - Human Beings", 1987, Write-Up Note8, Annotations, Internal PDF Link
- "Kingma (Elselijn) - Were You Part of Your Mother?", 2019, Annotations, Note: Tangentially, in footnote(s).
- "Liao (S. Matthew) - The Organism View Defended", 2006, Annotations, Internal PDF Link
- "Olson (Eric) - Persistence", 1999
- "Olson (Eric) - Psychology and Personal Identity", 1999
- "Olson (Eric) - Why We Need Not Accept the Psychological Approach", 1999
- A further reading list might start with:-
- "Agar (Nicholas) - Functionalism and Personal Identity", 2003, Internal PDF Link
- "Beck (Simon) - Let's Exist Again (Like We Did Last Summer)", 2001, Internal PDF Link
- "Brueckner (Anthony) - Branching in the psychological approach to personal identity", 2005, Internal PDF Link
- "Campbell (Scott) - The Conception of a Person as a Series of Mental Events", 2006, Internal PDF Link
- "Dainton (Barry) - The Phenomenal Self", 2008
- "DeGrazia (David) - Human Persons: Numerical Identity and Essence", 2005, Internal PDF Link
- "Francescotti (Robert) - Psychological Continuity and the Necessity of Identity", 2010, Internal PDF Link
- "Harrison (Jonathan) - Heir of Frankenstein or Justified True Belief and Personal Identity", 1978, No Abstract, Internal PDF Link
- "Hershenov (David) - Who Doesn't Have a Problem of Too Many Thinkers?", 2013, External Link, Internal PDF Link
- "Johnston (Mark) - Is Heaven a Place We Can Get To?", 2010
- "Robinson (Denis) - Constitution and the Debate between Animalism and Psychological Views", 2016
- "Rovane (Carol) - Self-Reference: The Radicalization of Locke", 1992, Internal PDF Link
- "Unger (Peter) - All the Power in the World", 2006
- This is mostly a place-holder9.
- This is the write-up as it was when this Abstract was last output, with text as at the timestamp indicated (27/01/2022 09:41:46).
- Link to Latest Write-Up Note.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2022