- This pseudo-Paper is intended as the mechanism to record time spent on the Note 'Reincarnation1' during my Thesis research, as from 2011.
- For the actual time recorded, click on "Paper Statistics" above.
Write-up2 (as at 03/03/2018 00:11:31): Reincarnation
- This is a sub-topic of Life after death4, the others being:-
→ Immortality5, and
- Reincarnation is really a sub-topic of the Resurrection Chapter7 of my Thesis as an alternative for post-mortem survival.
- As well as difficulties from its undoubted non-instantiation, it suffers from even more philosophical problems from the perspective of personal identity than does resurrection itself.
- I don’t have "Stevenson (Ian) - Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation", or other work by Stevenson, though
- "Perrett (Roy W.) - Rebirth" makes a case for the metaphysical coherence of the traditional Indian account of rebirth.
- The topic is addressed negatively in the following works:-
- Works on this topic that I’ve actually read8, include9 the following:-
- "Almeder (Robert) - Death and Personal Survival: Evidence for Life After Death - Preface", Almeder
- "Edwards (Paul) - Reincarnation: A Critical Examination", Edwards
- A reading list (where not covered above) might start with:-
- "Almeder (Robert) - Death and Personal Survival: Evidence for Life After Death", Almeder
→ "Dilley (Frank B.) - Review of Robert Almeder 'Death and Personal Survival: The Evidence for Life after Death'", Dilley
- "Ducasse (C.J.) - Survival As Transmigration", Ducasse
- "Filice (Carlo) - The moral case for reincarnation", Filice
- "Johnson (Raynor) - Preexistence, Reincarnation and Karma", Johnson
- "Leslie (John) - Review of Paul Edwards: 'Reincarnation'", Leslie
- "MacIntosh (J.J.) - Reincarnation and Relativized Identity", MacIntosh
- "Martin (Raymond) - Review of Paul Edwards. Reincarnation: A Critical Examination", Martin
- "Noonan (Harold) - The Possibility of Reincarnation", Noonan
- "Walter (Tony) - Reincarnation, Modernity and Identity", Walter
- This is mostly a place-holder10.
- This is the write-up as it was when this Abstract was last output, with text as at the timestamp indicated (03/03/2018 00:11:31).
- Link to Latest Write-Up Note.
- A number of my philosophical Notes are “promissory notes” currently only listing the books and papers (if any) I possess on the topic concerned.
- I’ve decided to add some text – whether by way of motivation, or something more substantive – for all these identified topics related to my Thesis.
- As I want to do this fairly quickly, the text may be confused or show surprising ignorance.
- The reader (if such exists) will have to bear with me, and display the principle of charity while this footnote exists.
- Frequently I’ll have made copious marginal annotations, and sometimes have written up a review-note.
- In the former case, I intend to transfer the annotations into electronic form as soon as I can find the time.
- In the latter case, I will have remarked on the fact against the citation, and will integrate the comments into this Note in due course.
- My intention is to incorporate into these Notes comments on material I’ve already read rather than engage with unread material at this stage.
- I may have read others in between updates of this Note – in which case they will be marked as such in the “References and Reading List” below.
- Papers or Books partially read have a rough %age based on the time spent versus the time expected.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2019