- This pseudo-Paper is intended as the mechanism to record time spent on the Note 'Animation1' during my Thesis research, as from 2011.
- For the actual time recorded, click on "Paper Summary" above.
Write-up2 (as at 10/04/2017 23:38:24): Animation
- “Animation” is an important matter. Just when does life begin, and does it require any “vital force” or “infused soul”?
- Of course, the scientific answer to the latter question is that it doesn’t.
- However, such notions are central to many religious claims, though are not assumed by Christian Materialists4.
- This Note will be constructed alongside those for
→ Life5 and
- A reading list (where not covered elsewhere) might start with:-
- "Baker (Lynne Rudder) - When Do Persons Begin and End?", Baker, 2005
- "Diamond (James J.) - Abortion, Animation, and Biological Hominization", Diamond, 1975
- "Hershenov (David) & Koch-Hershenov (Rose J.) - Anscombe on Embryos and Persons", Hershenov, 2016
- This is a place-holder7. I don’t currently have a reading list for this topic.
- This is the write-up as it was when this Abstract was last output, with text as at the timestamp indicated (10/04/2017 23:38:24).
- Link to Latest Write-Up Note.
- A number of my philosophical Notes are “promissory notes” currently only listing the books and papers (if any) I possess on the topic concerned.
- I’ve decided to add some text – whether by way of motivation, or something more substantive – for all these identified topics related to my Thesis.
- As I want to do this fairly quickly, the text may be confused or show surprising ignorance.
- The reader (if such exists) will have to bear with me, and display the principle of charity while this footnote exists.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2018