- This is a pseudo-paper used to record time spent against investigating possible future reading for my PhD Thesis: See this Note1.
- For the actual time recorded, click on "Paper Statistics" above.
Write-up2 (as at 05/04/2018 10:48:00): Thesis - Journals
- The reading-list for my Thesis is already too long to manage, and – I have no doubt – new material will always be coming up that I ought to be aware of.
- Nevertheless, I ought also to keep up to date with what’s going on in other areas of Analytic Philosophy, not to mention recent work relevant to my thesis.
- As a Cambridge Alumnus, I have access to JSTOR and thereby to most of the philosophical journals. The access to the text is not up-to-date, but I ought to inculcate a discipline to:-
- Check the TOCs of the most recent issues, and mark them for future interrogation, and
- Check the most recent issues with content, and briefly review what’s there, downloading where it looks useful.
- Cambridge has recently opened up Cambridge Core to alumni:-
- This allows up-to-date access to 17 philosophy journals, including those listed below.
- There are also a great number of books available for download. I need to avoid distraction, but if there’s a book by CUP I need, and it’s here, then it’s a good place to go! Unfortunately, not all philosophy books published by CUP are available for free.
- I need to adopt the same discipline as for JSTOR.
Relevant Cambridge Core Journals
- Dialogue: Canadian Philosophical Review
- Journal of the American Philosophical Association
- Royal Institute of Philosophy Supplements
Relevant JSTOR Journals4
- American Philosophical Quarterly (1964-2010)
- Analysis (1933-2008; 2009-2013)
- Behavior and Philosophy (1990-2010)
- The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science (1950-2006; 2007-2013)
- Canadian Journal of Philosophy (1971-2008)
- Erkenntnis (1975-2010; 2011-2013)
- Ethical Theory and Moral Practice (1998-2010; 2011-2013)
- Human Studies (1978-2010; 2011-2013)
- Hypathia (1986-2008; 2009-2012)
- International Journal for Philosophy of Religion (1970-2010; 2011-2012)
- The Journal of Ethics (1997-2010; 2011-2013)
- Journal of Philosophical Logic 91972-2010; 2011-2013)
- The Journal of Philosophy (1921-2008)
- Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes (1939-2010)
- Mind (1876-2006; 2007-2012)
- The Monist (1890-2008; 2009-2014)
- Noûs (1967-2003; 2004-2012)
- Philosophical Issues (1991-1998)
- Philosophical Perspectives (1987-1995)
- The Philosophical Quarterly (1950-2008; 2009-2012)
- The Philosophical Review (1892-2008; 2009-2011)
- Philosophical Studies (1950-2010; 2011-2013)
- Philosophy (1931-2008; 2009-2012)
- Philosophy and Phenomenal Research (1940-2008; 2009-2013)
- Philosophy & Public Affairs (1971-2008; 2009-2013)
- Phronesis (1955-2008; 2009-2013)
- Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association (1927-2010)
- Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society (1887-2008; 2009-2013)
- Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society: Supplementary Volumes (1918-2008; 2009-2013)
- Religious Studies (1965-2008; 2009-2013)
- The Review of Metaphysics (1947-2010)
- Synthese (1936-2010; 2011-2013)
- This is the write-up as it was when this Abstract was last output, with text as at the timestamp indicated (05/04/2018 10:48:00).
- Link to Latest Write-Up Note.
- This Note used to include a (rather short) list of “interesting” papers that I’d discovered from the journals below, but missed the cut as far as reading was concerned.
- I’ve abandoned this idea as it’s too much work for little benefit.
- The dates for which I have access to free Text appear in brackets, with a second date-range where appropriate, for papers that can be purchased (or borrowed in hard-copy).
- This list hasn’t been updated since January 2015, so there may be new journals of interest, and the dates will have moved on by 3 years.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2018