|What Is Metaphysics?|
|Source: Funkhouser (Eric) - Metaphysics, Spring 2014|
|Paper - Abstract|
|Paper Statistics||Books / Papers Citing this Paper||Colour-Conventions||Disclaimer|
1. Foster better understanding and communication.
2. Provide a recipe for classifying objects or events.
3. Change our perceptions and / or thoughts.
4. Alter our practices.
5. Inform our standards of evaluation for the appropriate kind.
6. Reveal why the concept is thought to be important, valuable, etc.
7. Are needed for official, practical, and oftentimes bureaucratic purposes.
Footnote 1: Extracted by TT, with Notes.
"Lowe (E.J.) - Introduction: The Nature of Metaphysics", and
"Van Inwagen (Peter) & Zimmerman (Dean) - What Is Metaphysics?".
"LePoidevin (Robin) - Arguing for Atheism: Preface / Introduction", and
"Moreland (J.P.) & Craig (William Lane) - Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview: Metaphysics".
Footnote 7: Not discussed, though “intuition pumps” were mentioned earlier (though not referred to Dennett).
Footnote 8: In evaluating an argument, either the logic may be wrong (an invalid argument), or one of the premises may be false (an unsound one).
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
|© Theo Todman, June 2007 - Feb 2019.||Please address any comments on this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.||File output: |
Website Maintenance Dashboard
|Return to Top of this Page||Return to Theo Todman's Philosophy Page||Return to Theo Todman's Home Page|