- This is an important paper, though (despite its comparative length for an Aeon paper) it is basically a brief introduction to Metzinger’s nihilist theories of the Self, as described in his books and papers: see Thomas Metzinger for those in my collection.
- I intend to write up this paper in due course, but here simply note various other papers referenced that I had, or have, obtained:-
- Metzinger - The Problem of Mental Action, also Metzinger - The Problem of Mental Action
- Metzinger - The myth of cognitive agency: subpersonal thinking as a cyclically recurring loss of mental autonomy,
- "Birhane (Abeba) - Descartes was wrong: ‘a person is a person through other persons’",
- Metzinger - M-Autonomy,
- Metzinger - Self models,
- Aeon: McNamara - Dreams and revelations,
- "Frith (Christopher D.) - Our illusory sense of agency has a deeply important social purpose",
- "Seth (Anil Kumar) - The real problem",
- "Friston (Karl) - The mathematics of mind-time",
- "Gerrans (Philip) & Letheby (Chris) - Model hallucinations",
- Metzinger - Benevolent Artificial Anti-Natalism,
- "Rini (Regina) - Raising good robots", and
- Hasenkamp - Catching the wandering mind: Meditation as a window into spontaneous thought.
- Items that are weblinks have been downloaded and await importation into my database.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2022
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)