Amazon Book Description
- A comprehensive encyclopedia of quantum physics. Here in one volume, the award-winning science writer and physicist John Gribbin has provided everything you need to know about the quantum world —the place where most of the greatest scientific advances of the last hundred years have been made.
- This exceptional A to Z reference begins with a thorough introduction setting out the current state of knowledge in particle physics. Throughout, Gribbin includes articles on the structure of particles and their interactions, accounts of the theoretical breakthroughs in quantum mechanics1 and their practical applications, and entertaining biographies of the scientists who have blazed the trail of discovery.
- In a special section, "Timelines," key dates in our quest to understand the quantum world are mapped out alongside landmarks in world history and the history of science.
- An encyclopedia of the fundamental science of the future, Q is for Quantum is an essential companion for anyone interested in particle physics.
- "Gribbin presents an overview of a hundred years of particle physics through a handy, accessible A-Z dictionary of definitions and identifications."
→ Natural History
- This book – admittedly a later edition – gets rave reviews on Amazon.
Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1998; Paperback
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)