Back Cover Blurb
- Contatti is the course for anybody wishing to learn Italian from scratch. Whether you are learning for work or pleasure, Contatti will give you a thorough grounding in the language and enable you to speak, read, write and understand contemporary Italian.
- Over the 14 thematic lessons in Contatti 1 you will be introduced to the key structures of the language with the emphasis placed firmly on communication. Authentic reading and listening materials are used extensively for a wide range of lively activities based on everyday situations in Italy. From the outset you will find a realistic range of registers and vocabulary and be encouraged to develop the essential skill of comprehension. The use of English is kept to a minimum but vocabulary and grammatical support are given both at the end of each lesson and more fully at the back of the book. There are also regular opportunities for revising and consolidating what you have learnt.
- This second edition has been revised and updated to reflect modern trends. Used with the accompanying Support Book and the two Audio Cassettes, Contatti 1 is ideal for both group and individual study alike.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2021
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)