Amazon Product Description
- A guide to the Five-card Majors system of bidding, which is played all over the world and is now becoming increasingly popular in the UK.
- The book will describe first the advantages of the system and then its main features, in as much detail as it is useful for the average player.
- The differences in bidding strategy between four-card and five-card major systems will also be highlighted.
- Each chapter will have numerous examples, and a quiz at the end.
Introduction - 5
Setting the Scene - 7
- Opening with a Five-card Major- 9
- What to Open? - 9
- Differences in Responding Strategy - 17
- The 1NT Response - 25
- The 2NT Rebid and Two-over-one Response - 33
- Raising Partner - 36
- Bidding after Intervention - 55
- What Went Wrong? - 65
- Opening without a Five-card Major - 77
- What to Open? - 77
- Differences in Responding Strategy - 79
- The Continuing Auction - 85
- Opening with 4-4-4-1 Hands - 102
- Bidding after Intervention - 108
- What Went Wrong? - 125
- Clever Stuff – 137
- Inverted Minor-suit Raises - 137
- The Forcing 1NT Response and Two-over-one Game-forcing - 142
- Flannery - 146
- Support Doubles - 148
- Passed Hand Bidding - 151
- What Went Wrong? - 153
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2018
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)