Amazon Book Description
- A fully revised new edition of this major world atlas in the leading Times range.
- Whether planning a vacation, keeping in touch with world news, solving quizzes and crosswords or just exploring the world this atlas has all the information you need.
- A completely updated edition of this major atlas in the prestigious Times range making it a valuable addition to any reference collection. 260 pages of mapping provide an amazingly detailed view of the world, and the illustrated thematic content covers the most important geographical issues of the day.
- The reference mapping, produced in the beautifully clear and distinctive Times style, has been completely revised with thousands of changes reflecting recent geopolitical and geographical changes around the world.
- Updated plans of 32 of the world's great cities are included on the reference maps of the country in which they are located for easy reference.
- All thematic and statistical information in the introductory section has been reviewed and updated, with new information reflecting current geographical and global issues. The section includes detailed information on such topics as world population, cities, climate, the environment and telecommunications as well as updated details of all the world’s countries.
- The comprehensive index illustrates the scope of this atlas. It contains over 130,000 place names which are fully cross-referenced with alternative and former names.
Times Books; 10th Edition (2006)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)