Amazon Product Description
- A fractured identity, a passionate people, and lifestyle, culture and landscape that capture the imagination, providing plenty of surprises.
… Josephine Quintero, Lonely Planet Writer
- Our Promise: You can trust our travel information because Lonely Planet authors visit the places we write about, each and every edition. We never accept freebies for positive coverage so you can rely on us to tell it like it is.
- Inside This Book:-
… 2 authors
… 7 weeks of on-the-ground research
… 30+archaeological ruins
… Countless meze dishes
… Inspirational photos
… Clear, easy-to-use maps
… In-depth background
… At-a-glance practical info
… Comprehensive planning tools
… Easy-to-read layout
Amazon Customer Review
- I am comparing this to the previous addition which I borrowed from the library.
- The good news is that the content seems more current with bus info etc; also the author seems to actually like the country whereas the previous addition slagged off a lot of places and seemed quite downbeat!
- The bad news in that whoever designed the maps forgot their audience and that people do not all stay in hotels about 10 metres from the centre. The Nicosia map is fine, but Larnaca, Paphos and Limassol just have a silly little map of the very centre of town which makes it hard to get context compared to the hotel zone and public transport areas. The old guide book is FAR superior in this regard. Also, the old guide book made it clear which stations were where (in the key) and had ATMs etc shown. I will be unable to use the maps in this edition standalone, and will have to print off Google maps to take with me. With the old guide book, the maps are fine in isolation.
- Accomodation listings are now in a separate section in the back, which I think makes sense as most people going to Cyprus will book in advance.
- It is still a good guide book, but what were they thinking with the maps!
Lonely Planet Publications; 5th edition (16 Mar 2012)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)