Amazon Book Description
- Authoritative answers defending the modern translations from those who say the King James is the only true Bible; shows how Bible translation actually works.
Amazon Customer Review
- D.A. Carson made the first popular venture into this unpopular and controversial area with his brief but excellent book, "Carson (D.A.) - The King James Version Debate: A Plea for Realism". White, however, surpasses Carson with the depth of his research and breadth of his survey. This book is, currently, THE book on the subject. I know of no other that deals with the topic so thoroughly, exploring the textual history of the Bible, particularly the NT, and the various underlying manuscripts with reference to Hebrew, Greek and Latin where appropriate. He offers penetrating critiques of the popular KJV Only positions that are honest and fair.
- With recommendations from such luminaries as Bruce Metzger, Norman Geisler, R.C. Sproul, as well as D.A. Carson, this book cannot be ignored by anyone involved in or studying this debate.
Bethany House Publishers; Revised Edition (1 Jun. 2009)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2018
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)