Amazon Book Description
- Get more out of music with this essential guide Music Theory For Dummies makes music theory easy to understand, with a friendly, unintimidating overview of everything you need to know to become fluent at knocking out beats, reading musical scores, and learning to anticipate where a song should go whether you're reading someone else's music or writing your own. Whether you're a music student or a music lover, you'll learn to read, write, and understand music with this informative guide. With expert instruction, you'll put it all together as you compose, arrange, and create original melodies, harmonies, and chords of your own, with helpful tips for performing your pieces in front of an audience.
- This new third edition1 presents the most current teaching techniques, the newest music genres and examples, and updated information on all aspects of understanding, creating, and performing music.
- Studies have shown that music training improves children's' verbal and spatial abilities, and it's been associated with cognitive and mathematical benefits in adults. The music job market is expected to increase over the coming years, and music theory is becoming an increasingly common part of education at all levels.
- Music Theory For Dummies provides the instruction you need to get more out of music than you ever thought possible.
- Master major and minor scales, intervals, pitches, and clefs
- Understand basic notation, time signals, tempo, dynamics, and navigation
- Employ melodies, chords, progressions, and phrases to form music
- Compose harmonies and accompanying melodies for voice and instruments
- Whether you intend to pursue a degree or career in music, or just enjoy listening to it, understanding the theory behind it gives you a whole new appreciation for the artistry and craftsmanship behind the pieces that give you goose bumps. It's a mix of technical skill, inborn talent, and plenty of practice and now you can try your hand at it, with Music Theory For Dummies.
In-Page Footnotes ("Pilhofer (Michael) & Day (Holly) - Music Theory For Dummies")
- I have only a pdf of the First Edition!
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2019
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)