Amazon Book Description
- The English Opening (1.c4) is a popular choice at both club and master level, because it is a chess opening that suits all styles. As White you can play aggressively or opt for a more modest strategic approach, depending on what kind of middlegame positions you are looking for. The opening will serve you well in any mood, against any type of opponent, in any tournament situation.
- For a club player who wants to reap the benefits of this multipurpose opening, understanding is much more important than deep theoretical knowledge. 'The Full English Opening' is the first one-volume book that covers all variations.
- Carsten Hansen dedicates special attention to the transition into the early middle-game. You will learn how to define specific plans, lay out a strategic goal, and find positional and tactical targets. Supported by examples and exercises, you will be able to enjoy the greatest asset of the English Opening: its versatility.
New in Chess (9 July 2018)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2023
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)