Back Cover Blurb
- A Guide to the Guide: Charting the whole of Arthur Dent's odyssey through space are:
- THE HITCHHIKER’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY. One Thursday lunchtime the Earth gets unexpectedly demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass. For Arthur Dent, who has only just had his house demolished that morning, this seems already to be more than he can cope with. Sadly, however, the weekend has only just begun, and the Galaxy is a very very very large and startling place.
- THE RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE. When all questions of space, time, matter and the nature of being have been resolved, only one question remains — “Where shall we have dinner?” The Restaurant at the End of the Universe provides the ultimate gastronomic experience, and for once there is no morning after to worry about.
- LIFE, THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING. In consequence of a number of stunning catastrophes, Arthur Dent is surprised to find himself living in a hideously miserable cave on prehistoric Earth. However, just as he thinks that things cannot possibly get any worse, they suddenly do. He discovers that the Galaxy is not only mind- boggling big and bewildering but also that most of the things that happen in it are staggeringly unfair.
- SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH. Just as Arthur Dent’s sense of reality is in its dickiest state he suddenly finds the girl of his dreams. He finds her in the last place in the Universe in which he would expect to find anything at all, but which 3,976,000 people will find oddly familiar. They go in search of God’s Final Message to His Creation and, in a dramatic break with tradition, actually find it.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts
- Pan; Reprints edition (23 Oct. 1992)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)