Amazon Book Description
- The Excellent Oboe Book of Wicked Duets for Intermediate Oboes is bursting with freakily fun duets arranged especially for intermediate oboe players.
- A few are tricky, some less challenging, and are arranged so that the level of difficulty suits players of grade 4-6 standard. Oboe notes range from low B flat to high E (above the stave). Expect lots of jaunty tunes, some complex rhythms, and a few soaring melodies. Something for everyone!
- Includes these favourite creepy classics:
- Allegro Molto from Mozart’s 40th Symphony,
- Funeral March of a Marionette,
- The Water Goblin,
- Sousa’s In Memorium,
- Funeral March from Chopin’s Piano Sonata No.2,
- Marche Slave,
- Mozart’s Lacrimosa,
- Queen of the Night,
- Gnossienne 1,
- Bach’s Toccata and Fugue,
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,
and two original pieces:
- Tarantula, and
- The Walking Dead.
- More coming from The Excellent Oboe very soon. Look out for our solo books, and duets and trios, arranged at different levels for mixed instruments: Flute, Clarinet, Bassoon, Oboe, Saxophone, Recorder, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Mini-bassoon, Tenoroon, Guitar etc. We have a spectacular variety of duet books, a gargantuan selection of festive books (including Christmas, Halloween and Valentines!), instrument-specific theory, including theory puzzles for very young players and even downloadable playalong and backing tracks and sheet music on our website. Just visit Wild Music Publications.
- Sub-title: 13 freakily fun duets arranged especially for two intermediate oboists.
- Independently published (25 Sept. 2020)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)