Amazon Book Description
- Intermediate Classic Duets for Two Oboes is a collection of 22 classical and traditional pieces arranged especially for two players of a similar (intermediate) standard. Suitable for players of Grade 4 plus (some are tricky!). The pieces are arranged so that each player gets to play the tune, which is more difficult but great for listening to each other, and fun!
- Most pieces are in easy keys and are one page; several are two or three pages. We've tried to be as varied as possible including both classical and traditional tunes, slow and fast pieces, easy and difficult, ones to play straight away and others to work on, but we hope you find them all enjoyable.
- Includes extracts from:
- Beethoven’s Für Elise,
- Saint-Saëns' The Swan,
- Dvorák’s Humoresque,
- Holst’s Jupiter,
- Loch Lomond,
- Grieg’s Morning from Peer Gynt,
- Elgar’s March from Pomp and Circumstance,
- Chopin’s Prelude Op.28,
- Boccherini’s Minuet,
- Bizet’s Air de Toréador,
- Beethoven’s Minuet in G,
- Glinka’s Intermezzo,
- Tchaikovsky’s Andante Cantabile,
- Brahms’ Waltz Op.39
and more, some of which we expect you're unlikely to know because we wanted to include an element of musical exploration and adventure. Have fun!
- More coming from The Excellent Oboe very soon. Look out for our solo, duet and trio music arranged for mixed instruments: Flute, Clarinet, Bassoon, Oboe, Saxophone, Recorder, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass, Mini-bassoon, Tenoroon, Guitar etc. We have a spectacular variety of duet books, a gargantuan selection of festive books (including Christmas, Valentine’s and Halloween!), instrument-specific theory, including theory puzzles for very young players and even downloadable playalong and backing tracks and sheet music on our website. Just visit Wild Music Publications.
- Sub-title: 22 Classical and Traditional pieces arranged especially for equal players of intermediate standard. Most are in easy keys..
- CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (21 Mar. 2016)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2021
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)