Amazon Book Description
- Introducing Amharic is an interactive workbook for those interested in learning Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia.
- Through a variety of engaging lessons, learners using this text will gain a variety of speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- The foundation for being able to do these things well is a complete mastery of the fidel (i.e. alphabet). That is the main focus of this book! But learners who use this book will also be in a position to begin working with Ge’ez (Classical/Ecclesiastical Ethiopic). Along the way, however, readers will learn numbers, days of the week, months, and important grammar points.
- Introducing Amharic also has audio companion files (sold separately) for the nearly 100 vocabulary words presented in the book. These files are available for purchase and download at GlossaHouse.com.
- The goal of the Glossahouse Modern Languages Series is to facilitate the creation and publication of innovative, affordable, and accessible scholarly resources, whether print or digital, that advance research in the areas of modern texts and languages.
GlossaHouse (26 Jan. 2016). Paperback.
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2022
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)