Amazon Book Description
- A publishing event from one of our most gifted storytellers: the expansive and enthralling history of Russia, from its foundations to the present.
- Here, Orlando Figes breathes life into the narratives that make sense of the uncertain world we now find ourselves in.
- The Story of Russia begins in the first millennium, when Russia's lands were initially settled by the Slavs, and ends with Putin in the present day. From Boris and Gleb, the first saints of the Russian Church, to the crowning of sixteen-year-old Ivan the Terrible in a candlelit cathedral; and from Catherine the Great, riding out in a green uniform to arrest her husband at his palace, to …
- Orlando Figes is an award-winning author and historian, who has held teaching posts at Birkbeck College, University of London and Trinity College, University of Cambridge. He was born in London in 1959 and studied History at the University of Cambridge. Figes is the bestselling author of nine books on Russian and European history, including Natasha's Dance and A People's Tragedy. His books have been translated into over 30 languages.
Bloomsbury Publishing; 1st edition (3 Aug. 2023)
Text Colour Conventions (see disclaimer)
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2023
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)