Theo Todman's Web Page - Notes Pages
(Text as at 02/10/2014 17:12:29)
(For other versions of this Note, see the tables at the end)
For Text Colour-conventions (at end of page): Click Here.
- My intention in this website is to make clear which text I have written myself, and which are written by others.
- In principle, text written by myself is either blue or black, and that written by others is in this colour.
- Unfortunately, this convention came along fairly late in the day, and the site-generator assumes that the convention is followed correctly when in practice it has not been (though I am in the process of tidying-up the data).
- Until I have completed this clean-up exercise, some text will claim to be by me when in fact it has been copied from elsewhere. Hopefully, it will be clear where this is the case; there has been no attempt to plagiarise the work of others.
- I have a couple of pages of suspicious objects, namely:-
- I ought also to admit that I have taken various brief descriptions from Amazon without marking the text as other than (eg.) Amazon Customer Review, ie. without saying which customer. I have adopted this procedure partly because often the customer is not self-identified, and otherwise is usually unknown to the academic community. The reader can look up the originator if interested.
- In such cases, I have often taken the liberty of correcting the grammar and spelling of the original source.
- I have also taken the opportunity to reformat quoted text to make it easier to read on-line: in particular by adding numbered and un-numbered bullets.
- Many book and paper abstracts are now of unknown provenance, is I created them a decade ago. Since the bulk of them were taken from The Philosopher’s Index (The Philosopher’s Index) when I had access to it, this is the default title, but might not always be accurate.
Live Version of this Archived Note
Later Version of this Note
Text Colour Conventions
- Blue: Text by me; © Theo Todman, 2020
- Mauve: Text by correspondent(s) or other author(s); © the author(s)