|Internet Resource||Maintained by (+ contents).||Hyperlink|
|Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness|
- "ASSC promotes research within cognitive science, neuroscience, philosophy, and other relevant disciplines in the sciences and humanities, directed toward understanding the nature, function, and underlying mechanisms of consciousness".
- Various ePrints, etc.
|BUBL LINK Catalogue of Internet Resources||BUBL Information Service, Centre for Digital Library Research, Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland.||Link|
|CogPrints||An electronic archive for self-archive papers in any area of:- |
and many areas of:-
- neuroscience, and
as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition.The editor of CogPrints is Professor Stevan Harnad: email@example.com.
- Computer Science (e.g., artificial intelligence, robotics, vision, learning, speech, neural networks),
- Philosophy (e.g., mind, language, knowledge, science, logic),
- Biology (e.g., ethology, behavioral ecology, sociobiology, behaviour genetics, evolutionary theory),
- Medicine (e.g., Psychiatry, Neurology, human genetics, Imaging),
- Anthropology (e.g., primatology, cognitive ethnology, archeology, paleontology),
|Consciousness & the Brain||Annotated bibliography. Ralph D. Ellis, Ph.D. Clark Atlanta University. ||Link|
|David Chalmers' Home Page||David Chalmers, Philosophy, Australian National University. Contains sub-pages of very great usefulness, as follows:- |
- Lists of Chalmers' own papers
- Complete list of papers
- Papers on consciousness
- Papers on meaning and modality
- Papers on AI and computation
- Miscellaneous bits and pieces
- Online discussions of Chalmers' work
- Responses to articles on Chalmers' work
- Internet Resources
- Philosophy of mind: A bibliography
- Consciousness in science: A bibliography
- Online papers on consciousness
- People with online papers in philosophy
- Web resources
- Guide to the philosophy of mind
- Philosophical humor
- Zombies on the web
|EpistemeLinks - Philosophy Resources on the Internet|
- Thomas Ryan Stone
- "The EpistemeLinks project started in early 1997. As of late 2006 the site has nearly 20,000 well-categorized links to philosophy resources on the Internet, plus several other special features. The site averages around 7,000 visitors per day, and is widely used by philosophy professors and students at all levels, as well as those in the broader philosophical community."
|Eric Olson's Personal Website|
- Eric Olson, Department of Philosophy, University of Sheffield.
- Useful collection of on-line papers. Includes a forthcoming book "What Are We?".
|Guide to Philosophy on the Internet|
- Peter Suber, Philosophy Department, Earlham College.
- The site admits to being static since 2003, and refers the reader to Tom Stone's EpistemeLinks site (above).
|Internet Encyclopaedia of Philosophy||James Fieser, Ph.D., founder and general editor; Bradley Dowden, Ph.D., general editor. ||Link|
|London University Philosophy Study Guide||Philosophy Subject Panel of the University of London. ||Link|
|London University Institute of Philosophy Website|
- London University School of Advanced Study.
- Useful for the "Fixtures List" (philosophy lectures in London) at this Link.
|Lynne Rudder Baker's Personal Website|
- Lynne Rudder Baker, Department of Philosophy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA.
- Useful collection of on-line papers.
|MindPapers: A Bibliography of the Philosophy of Mind and the Science of Consciousness|
- MindPapers, a new website with a bibliography covering around 18000 published papers and online papers in the philosophy of mind and the science of consciousness. This site grew out of a combination of David Chalmers' old bibliography in philosophy of mind and his page of online papers on consciousness, but it is much larger and has many new capacities, programmed by David Bourget.
- The top-level structure is as follows. There is an all-new section on the philosophy of perception (with 50 subtopics and subsubtopics), and many new subtopics and subsubtopics throughout. Parts:-
- Philosophy of Consciousness [2773 entries]
- Intentionality [2365 entries]
- Perception [1816 entries]
- Metaphysics of Mind [2153 entries]
- Miscellaneous Philosophy of Mind [2338 entries]
- Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence [1187 entries]
- Philosophy of Cognitive Science [1526 entries]
- Science of Consciousness [3920 entries]
- Capacities include
- links and citation information throughout,
- flexible navigation, display, and search options,
- the ability to submit and edit entries,
- the capacity for automated off-campus proxy access to commercial sites, and
- a wealth of statistical information.
- There is also a separate front end for "Online Papers on Consciousness". Where MindPapers now combines both offline published papers and online papers from free and commercial sites, Online Papers on Consciousness is devoted to free online papers (currently around 4700). It is based on the same database as MindPapers, but is organized in a way to emphasize issues concerning consciousness and cognitive science rather than the philosophy of mind. The address is Link.
|Neurosciences on the Internet|
- "A searchable and browsable index of neuroscience resources available on the Internet: Neurobiology, neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, psychology, cognitive science sites and information on human neurological diseases. "
- Neil A. Busis, M.D.
|Online Papers in Philosophy|
- "Online Papers in Philosophy was started by Brian Weatherson. Jonathan Ichikawa took over in 2006."
- Weekly update with new links. Best to keep on top of this - read weekly, as the search facilities don't seem to be much use. Links to everyone's personal web pages are via this Link.
|Oxford Scholarship Online |
- Oxford University Press.
- Useful for abstracts of chapters of philosophy books published by OUP.
|Ph Online||Richard Heck, Brown University. This is a very useful-looking set of links to on-line papers. Authors are restricted to those who are members of philosophy faculties (and faculty in similar departments, such as departments of logic or metaphysics) in accredited institutions of higher education.||Link|
|Philosophy and Cognitive Science||John Sutton, Philosophy Department, Macquarie University. ||Link|
- Online bibliography, uncluding abstracts.
- Needs a logon and password. The Link on the right is via Senate House Library, London University.
|Psyche - an interdisciplinary journal of research on consciousness||An official journal of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness. ||Link|
|Quentin Smith's Home Page||Quentin Smith, Professor, Philosophy Department, Western Michigan University. ||Link|
|Social Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory||Matthew D. Lieberman, Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles. ||Link|
|Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy||Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University, Stanford, CA. ||Link|
|Tufts Center for Cognitive Studies||Tufts University. Excellent source for Daniel Dennett's papers. ||Link|
|UCF Concepts of Person and Self Bibliographies||Thematic Bibliographies:- |
University of Central Florida.
- Philosophy of Mind/Cognitive Science
- Pathologies of the Self
- Embodiment, Self, and Personal Identity
- Developmental Theories of Self
- Studies of Animal Cognition and Self-Recognition
- Social Construction of the Self
- Theory of Mind
- Narrative Theories of Personal Identity
- Feminist Theories/Gender Studies of Self Identity
- Concept of the Person in Law, Politics, and Ethics
- Historical Studies: Texts and Commentaries
- Medical Issues and the Person