COMMENSAL ISSUE 96
The Newsletter of the Philosophical Discussion Group
Of British Mensa
Number 96 : April 1999
3A Prince Edward Road,
Essex CM11 2HA
Tel : 01277-623809
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscriptions : Open only to members of British Mensa, for
whom membership is £5 in the UK, for those not choosing
PDG as one of their two free SIGs, £7.50 elsewhere. Cheques payable to
British Mensa Limited and sent to the Editor.
- What Does IQ Measure ? (Alan Edmonds)
- What is the Meaning of Life ? (Graham Dare)
- Replies & Farewell (John Stubbings)
- On the Subject-Object Dichotomy (Michael Nisbet)
- More on Morality & Persons (Michael Nisbet)
- Castration Eugenics Rejected (Frank Walker)
- Reply to C95 (David Taylor)
- Science and God (Anthony Owens)
- Can God Commit Murder ? (Mark Griffin & Theo Todman)
- Various Comments & Responses (Albert Dean)
- On Money and Capitalism (Nigel Perks)
- Meaning Without Beliefs ? (Roger Farnworth)
- The Is / Ought Debate (Roger Farnworth)
- Is / Ought Debate - a Response to Roger Farnworth in C94 (Theo Todman)
- Cloning (Roger Farnworth)
- Ethics of an Inquisition Victim (Fred Hobson)
- Divine Wrath (Gwen Jones)
- Gödel's Mathematical Proof Of God's Existence (META List)
- Cavell on the Is-Ought Thesis (Stephen Mulhall, quoted by Theo Todman)
- More on Mathematics - Discovered or Invented (ISPE List)
The opinions expressed in this Newsletter may or may not be the opinions of
the individual authors, the Editor, the readers or anyone else. They are not
the opinions of Mensa which, in this context, has no opinions.
Copyright : is held by the authors and permission must be obtained
from them, via the Editor, before use of any of their material in any form.
All material herein © the various named authors, April 1999.
Published : 1999 by the Editor for the Philosophical Discussion Group
of British Mensa.
Printed : 1999 by British Mensa, Wolverhampton. Distributed by mail.
Previous Newsletter (Commensal 95)
Next Newsletter (Commensal 97)
Other issues of Commensal